Sunday, March 13, 2011

Toilets?

Open Letter to Sen. Rand Paul.

Senator Paul, in all fairness I didn't vote for you, so it just stands to reason that I would be more critical of you than say one of your supporters. I followed your campaign. Unlike those good folks who voted for you I saw through your frat boy politics. I was at then Senator Bunnings office one cold February day when your minions descended on a peaceful rally of demonstrators.

Lt Governor Daniel Mongiardo organised the rally to protest Sen. Bunnings refusal to allow some Kentuckians an extension of their unemployment benefits. Your mindless supporters added nothing to the debate but rudely continued to shout down the speaker. This wasn't the first or last time you did this. I saw your facebook page extolling your people to attend. Like I say I know how you operate.

Now to the subject of my blog and in light of everything I've said, you can imagine my disgust at your recent antics in the recent hearing on of all things, the efficiency of the 100 watt light bulb. I'll let the video speak for itself. Then comment some more when it's done.



I couldn't really believe what I was hearing but then I considered the source. I think I now have a clearer understanding of your worship of the "Aqua Budda".

First off I can't believe the media has given you a pass on your opening line. Pro Choice? Senator this is about light bulbs why in Gods name would you have to inject abortion in here? Was it because she was a woman and all women are pro choice by gender. Did you at any time in this hearing, have the urge to tie this woman up and have her kneel before your porcelain god? I should say Aqua Budda?

Was it because she's a Democrat, a liberal? Senator I assure you not all Democrats or liberals like the idea of abortion. I love children. I wish every child could be born and born healthy. That they would all be wanted and cared for and that they would all be given the opportunity to succeed like everyone else. Thats not reality Senator. Reality is it should be a womans choice. She is the one who will carry the child and she is the one who will ultimately raise the child so it should be her choice. Yes we should do everything in our power to help prevent them but abortions should be safe and legal. It should be just between a woman, her doctor and her creator.

Yes it's easy to pick on our big bad government, restricting business and fair trade. Those poor corporations, forced to finally quit making bulbs that are inefficient and wasteful. Cajole you Senator? People have known these bulbs were bad for the economy, inefficient, bad for the environment and so on and so on for years but because of free market capitalism and uninformed people still buying them they had no incentive to quit making them. Now they do.

Senator I don't think you know what you were elected to do. Your there to protect the people of your state from people who would harm them. You are there to make sure that just because I am ignorant of something your going to have my back and insist that the companies I buy my light bulbs from sell me the best products available and when they try and sell me something that is harmful to me, or the country I love so dear, then you are there to pass legislation to stop them. The free market has had their chance to do something about it. Now it's time for congress to step in.

You took this opportunity to bash another woman, thats all this was about. You wanted to put her in her place. You have a history of this Sir;


Personally sir I thought this was about jobs. I heard you say in your campaign over and over again it was about jobs. I still don't have one and my toilet doesn't flush all that well either. So I really don't want to hear about yours. Where's my job?

6 comments:

Cookie Parker said...

Way to go, Ace. You can certainly write with the best, and your material is right on exact!!!

Anonymous said...

Ron,

That was an excellent piece! Well written, to the point and full of pith. I think you may have found your literary calling.

Adam

Acebass said...

Thanks guys!

Anonymous said...

"all women are pro choice by gender. "

No, we aren't.

Acebass said...

Senator Paul seems to think you are...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.